Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm looking to get into kickboxing. Where would I start in Salt Lake City?

I'm a complete novice and have never taken a kick boxing class in my life, but I would really like to get into something that would not only be health-promoting, but practical in self defense. I want something not too expensive that I can do up to three times a week. I don't care about competitions. I'm doing this to be healthy and confident.I'm looking to get into kickboxing. Where would I start in Salt Lake City?
If you want something that's practical for self-defense and is health promoting, you may want to look up the Wing Chun Hall in Midvale.



Not to knock kickboxing...but a sport style, while good for defense, simply isn't a combat style and Wing Chun is purely combat when studied seriously. Believe me, it's a workout too.



I know you can try a class or two for free and they have classes nearly every day.



School Address:759 E. Ft. Union Blvd.

Midvale, Utah 84047

(by Arby's, Burger King and Jungle Jim's)

(801) 487-7438



wingchunhall@hotmail.com



If you find something that you like better and you feel fits you...go for that, but I would recommend at least trying it out.





Good luck and I hope you find something that you not only enjoy but is great for defense!

No comments:

Post a Comment