Monday, March 12, 2012

I worked in Salt Lake City for 2 months, will I get any Tax Benefits? My employer did not reimburse expenses?

Except for initial Air Fare, I did not get any reimbursement. How can I claim Rent, Food, Car Rental Fuel etc in my taxes as Business Expenses.I worked in Salt Lake City for 2 months, will I get any Tax Benefits? My employer did not reimburse expenses?
You have to show you are eligible to claim the expenses.



1. You must maintain your original home.

2. The 2 months have to be a temporary out of town assignment. NOT indefinite and NOT a permanent transfer/opening with the employer.



See IRS pub 463 for requirements for receipts.



If you made $40,000, the first $800 (2%) won't count.

If you do no not normally itemize, neither will the next $5700.I worked in Salt Lake City for 2 months, will I get any Tax Benefits? My employer did not reimburse expenses?
yes, your food and lodging on this temporary assignment are deductible, incidentals like laundry etc would be included and if you were required to rent a car for the convenience of the employer it would be but not if it is was used for your personal use and commuting(that is travel to and from work)

No comments:

Post a Comment