Monday, March 12, 2012

How can I get free mental health services in South Salt Lake City?

I've had severe depression for more than 7 years and now I'm starting to get fed up with it. I want to get psychiatric help, but because of my depression I've been unable to hold a steady job and have no money or health insurance. Is there any way at all to get free psychiatric help, even it's just for a month or so, just long enough so that I can get a job and keep it?How can I get free mental health services in South Salt Lake City?
I know how you feel. I've had depression and know how debilitating and painful it can be. In Salt Lake City the best place to go if you have no money or health insurance is Valley Mental Health...(801) 539-7000...this phone no. is for monday to friday 9am to 5pm...also their website is www.valleymentalhealth.org...they have a lot of information about all their sevices and the help they provide. I saw a therapist and a psychiatrist there at one time when I was really struggling, and they were helpful. Good Luck to you.How can I get free mental health services in South Salt Lake City?
Hi, Erik,



A lot of people are in your boat. :( Mental illness makes it extra hard to get through a normally grueling hiring process. However, there are clinics and other facilities out there that will treat you for little to no charge. A lot of people don't seem to know that and it slows their search for treatment.



For South Salt Lake City, maybe try these folks:



NAMI Utah - (801) 323-9900



They provide referrals for people in Utah and may be able to find something near you that charges on a sliding scale or no fee at all.



You could also try the Utah County Crisis Line: (801) 226-4433. They may be able to give you some ideas as well.



Boys Towns' database is showing some counseling centers that offer services on a sliding scale. There's a few too many to list, so if you call us and ask for referrals, we can look them up for you. We're 24/7.



Good luck!



MKM

Boys Town National Hotline

1-800-448-3000

No comments:

Post a Comment