Friday, February 24, 2012

Salt Lake City to Yellowstone, your favorite places to visit?

My family and I are taking the drive from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone and back over 7 days in August. What are the "must see" places to go? Good routes there and back, for scenery, would be well received too! Thank you for your time.Salt Lake City to Yellowstone, your favorite places to visit?
Here are some ideas.Please get a good recent map to be sure.These are suggestions so don't hold me to how good they are.Salt Lake City is a big city.Beautiful views of mountains.Lots of shopping,restaurants, and the Mormon temple.You go north by I15.Lots of beautiful mountains.Lots of long stretches between towns so take note for gas,food,etc.Pocatello is the first bigger town.It's a college town.Then there's Blackfoot-Potato capital of the world and a potato museum.You used to be able to get a free baked potato here with each paid admission.You can take your picture in front of a large potato outside.Then Idaho Falls.There's a museum there.Ithink there's an exhibit on the history of dogs,but it changes.You can go see the falls.There are restaurants by the falls.I think you get highway 20 here.I think there's a museum where the first tv was made.It might be in Rigby or?Again,long stretchess of beautiful mountains and scenery and few places to stop.At West Yellowstone Montana it's a nice town,lots of nice shops.Your parents can gamble.Then there's yellowstone.Old Faithful Geyser erupts I think every hour (not sure).You can spot buffalo and elk,but maybe not in Aug.(too crowded)You can walk on pathways and drive to see geysers.Look at your brochure to see which exits close at what time.My brother had to drive way out of his way to get out.Then you must go to Grand Teton National Park and stay at Jackson Wyoming.This is a really nice western town. . a little on the pricy side,but worth it.The Tetons (mountains)are spectacular!Lots of shops,places to eat.You can go on the river on a raft.Go with the top companys as there are accidents.You can buy a picture of yourself that's pretty neat.I would spend 2 days at yellowstone and 3 at Jackson,but that's just my preference.I guess you could find a scenic route back through Wyoming or go back to I15.Again,I'm just trying to give you guys some ideas.Have fun and good luck on your trip!Salt Lake City to Yellowstone, your favorite places to visit?
Let's start with a map and go from there:http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Salt+Lak鈥?/a>

As you can see most of it is up I 15. Here's some links for your side trips:

http://www.nps.gov/index.htm National Parks

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/ Odd and Unusual
  • jp cycles
  • lounges
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment