Friday, February 24, 2012

Purple geometric shapes when flying over Salt Lake City, UT?

Both times when I flew into/out of Salt Lake City, I noticed large, purple geometric shapes around the lake from the plane. They were BRIGHT purple, not like anything I've ever seen in nature. I have never actually been to SLC, only used the airport as a layover, so I am not familiar with the layout of the land. Any idea what type of landform I am looking at from the sky? Or is it just the way the water appears?Purple geometric shapes when flying over Salt Lake City, UT?
That's a color of certain bacteria. You're probably looking at ponds that have been isolated off the main lake. Ponds like this might be used for:

evaporation, so the salt can be packaged

or

growing brine shrimp



I've never been around the Salt Lake. Similar ponds are located around the San Francisco Bay.Purple geometric shapes when flying over Salt Lake City, UT?
sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment